When: 7-9pm Thu Aug 21, 2014
Who: Jim Newman, iovation
What: Elasticsearch & Postgres, a working relationship
Topics to be covered:
– A brief intro to Elasticsearch
– Indexing Postgres with Elasticsearch using the JDBC river plugin
– SQL versus the Elasticsearch Query DSL, similarities (there are some) and differences
– Using Postgres Perl functions for some SQLish access to Elasticsearch
– Feasibility of a foreign data wrapper for Elasticsearch?, pg2elasticsearch is still just a GitHub readme
Jim Newman has 30 years of assorted database-related activity and shooting pool. He’s currently employed as Principal Data Architect at iovation.
This month we get to try yet another meeting location while the iovation offices are being renovated. We’re still in the US Bancorp Tower at 111 SW 5th (5th & Oak), but we’ll be in the iovation temporary office on the 36th floor, in the “West Hills” conference room. Once off the elevator, enter through the door with the small “iovation” sign, then just go right and keep right until you hit a dead end, which is where “West Hills” is. Signs will be posted.
The building is on the Green & Yellow Max lines. Underground bike parking is available in the parking garage; outdoors all around the block in the usual spots.
See you there!